While many documents are deployed in digital form printed media such as books or maps have a significant user base due to the affordances of physical paper. We explore how to combine the benefits of digital and printed media into one unifying user experience. Imagine being able to search a printed book as easily as a digital PDF, to reuse paper annotations on your tablet or to be able to brush and link information on nearby displays.
If you are interested in the project you should:
- Investigate possible interaction techniques for annotating printed documents using handheld devices
- Implement a mobile application using Unity for the annotation of printed documents which are linked to PDF versions
Ideally, you have:
- a strong background in computer vision, HCI and computer graphics
- experience with the Unity engine
- a background in mobile application programming
- motivation to work focused on the project
We will support you with:
- dedicated and close supervision
- access to all necessary hardware and software
This project can be adapted for master projects and master theses.