You Are Off by 10 Meters! Communicating Tracking Uncertainties in Mobile Augmented Reality. Augmented Reality relies on the accurate overlay of digital information over physical objects. What happens if the underlying tracking systems fail or deliver inaccurate data? How can users then still be supported in their goals like navigation or selection? In this work you will classify tracking errors and approaches to visualize the severity and impact of those errors on user tasks. The goal is to effectively inform users about tracking uncertainty in order to allow them to adopt their interaction with the Augmented Reality System.
Ideally, you have:
- Basic knowledge about sensor-based and computer vision-based localization and tracking techniques
- Ideally, background in Human-Computer Interaction, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, or Visualization
- The will to work focused on the topic
We will support you with:
- Access to mobile phones, head-mounted displays and tracking systems
- Timely and constructive feedback on your work
This project can be adapted for master projects,master theses and bachelor theses.